Cheap flights to Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)
Known as "the Gay Capital of Europe,” Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands. It is an ideal destination for the backpackers, tourists, and travelers who want to visualize the unique city. Every year, 4.2 million tourists visit Amsterdam.
The city has a long history, unique in its artistic heritage and sophisticated canal system. Its architectural history is very rich which is represented by the narrow houses, gabled walls, and its finest museums. Amsterdam is a charming, fairytale city which is perfect for a romantic adventure. Also, the locals are friendly and welcoming to their visitors. It was named "Alpha World City" by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network.
Book cheap flights to Amsterdam with The Fare Hub.com, and experience the magnificence of this city.
Things to do in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is famous for its attractions which consist of museums, red-light districts, and coffee shops. The pleasant climate and amazing leisure activities keep the city busy with tourists all year round. Get the best round-trip airfare to Amsterdam with The Fare Hub and build fond memories when once you visit this beautiful city.
Take a Canal Cruise and check out places like
- The Anne Frank House allows you to experience the sadness and atrocities faced by the Jews during the Jewish Wartime.
- Dam Square is the place where everyone gathers and explores the royal buildings and events.
- Van Gogh Museum is a must-visit place that houses the world's largest collection of Van Gogh paintings, drawings, and letters.
- Take the interactive tour of Heineken Experience brewery to learn about its history while tasting the beer.
- Vondelpark features an open-air amphitheater that shows movies on playgrounds and ponds, giving you a happy experience.
Dutch cuisine is popular throughout the Netherlands; you must try authentic Dutch delicacies while visiting Amsterdam. Here is a list of meals you must try:
- Dutch Cheese
- Bitterballen- minced meat croquettes (ideal bar snacks)
- Oorlog French Fries
- Herring (must try)
Amsterdam lets travelers enjoy "rock-star-like parties,” offering venues for all tastes, dance festivals, and nightclubs. You can pick from the list of these best nightclubs in town and party like an animal:
- Escape-Amsterdam's most lively nightclub, a veritable evergreen tree, housing a world-class DJ every night.
- Box-A fun event venue in the west of Amsterdam that hosts a series of exciting events throughout the year.
- AIR Amsterdam-Designed by Marcel, with an impressive void system, state-of-the-art lighting, and incredible LED walls.
- Jimmy Woo-Filled with eye-catching decoration and excellent club programs, it provides international style and glamour. Every visiting celebrity comes along to Jimmy’s.
The best time to visit Amsterdam is from March to May – it is the arrival of spring in which beautiful flowers bloom and the chances of good weather in the city remain high. Events such as ‘Queen's Day’ and liberation Day’ are held in the spring season. Book your cheap flight to Amsterdam today for the springtime, and enjoy the pleasant weather in this city.
Autumn is another good time to visit Amsterdam. With less-crowded streets, you can enjoy all the fine cafes in the city. Check out the free museum and explore the city for a better chance of clear skies.
Book your cheap business class ticket to Amsterdam now and don't miss any fun.
Airports in Amsterdam
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is the main international airport in the Netherlands; it is the third-largest airport in Europe. It is 20 minutes from Amsterdam and 9 kilometers southwest of Amsterdam, in the municipality of Haarlemmermeer. The airport has only one passenger terminal and offers premium economy, first, and business class flights to international and domestic destinations.
There are several facilities that ensure comfortable services to passengers at the airport. These services are as follows:
- Banking services - banks such as ATMs, currency exchange, tax refunds, and ABN AMRO.
- Medical Services - Medical services that provide emergency and non-emergency assistance.
- Emergency Services-There is 24 * 7 medical pharmacies.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Restaurants and lounges - Travelers can relax, dine and relax in the premium lounge and specific airline lounges. There are cafes and restaurants around the check-in area.
- Meeting Room-Provides special venues such as Regus- Schiphol Airport Meeting Center, office operators, and Hilton hotels for meetings.
- Baby care room
- Smoking zone
- VIP services- Additional VIP services for travelers, to mediate in the meditation center, relax in the airport park, or have a pleasant sleep in the sensational hot springs.
There are a lot of transportation facilities available outside the airport, allowing you to travel stably and efficiently throughout the city. Taxis provide affordable services and are considered as good options for unlimited travel.
The other transport facility available in the train service, located below the terminal. This is a fast system to reach the center of Amsterdam. Amsterdam Airport Express and other local bus services can also be used to reach the airport. The shuttle service is an alternative to taxis.
Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is a value-for-money destination with many accommodation options. Some affordable, couple-friendly hotels in Amsterdam that you can consider staying-in includes:
- Tulip Inn Amsterdam Riverside
- Central Park
- Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre
- Student Hotel West Amsterdam
Amsterdam Travel Tips
- Order your Amsterdam City Card before your visit and enjoy the unlimited benefits. With a great starting point, you have free access to multiple stylish tourist attractions. Get to unlimited public places for free; get discounts at restaurants, theaters, and more.
- The city's narrow streets complicate the transportation of tourists by car, leading to accidents. Therefore, you are better off using public transportation to ensure safer and more affordable travel.
- Have clothes and raincoats ready as the weather is often cold and unpredictable.
- Buy the best airfare deals on your last-minute flight to Amsterdam and enjoy the romantic city charm in November to get along with your loved ones.
- Cycling in Amsterdam is a way of life; so, jump on a bike and shuttle through the many bike lanes.
Get the cheapest ticket to Amsterdam with the following carriers:
- Major Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Delta Airlines
- United Airlines