Dallas is a modern city in north Texas. Referred to as “Big D,” the city serves as a commercial and cultural hub of the state. So, the city is popular for its cultural activities that include opera, ballet, musicals, and symphony concerts.
The city houses people from all over the world – it has a diverse population. If you plan on exploring Southern United States, Dallas should be on your radar. In order to travel to the city, you can easily avail cheap airfare to Dallas online.
Dallas is famous for a variety of reasons – it is the city that has a thriving nightlife and shopping galore, as well as a growing arts and music scene. This huge city offers a little bit for every traveler, and there is no wonder that so many people travel to this city every year.
Best time to visit Dallas
The city of Dallas witnesses fairly mild climassssste during the seasons of spring and fall. The temperatures remain lovely from March to May. In the spring season, you can take advantage of the lush vegetation and get to see all the wildflowers in bloom. Between September and November, i.e. in the fall season, the summer crowds die down and the intense heat of summer is also gone. You are likely to find hotels at much cheaper rates during the shoulder seasons.
Getting around the city
The easiest way to get around Dallas is by car. The roads networks are sophisticated, making the city easy to navigate. Also, it is easy to rent a car here, as well as gas stations are plentiful, making it convenient for the tourists to travel from one point to another.
Besides, the city also has a robust public transportation system. Dart (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) operates buses, light rail, and commuter rails. All these combine to provide great connectivity throughout Dallas.
Must see tourist destinations
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science: It is one of the top museums in the city which serves as a great attraction for families. It is a must-visit site for the curious tourists of the city. The exhibits are based on various themes which include engineering and innovation, earth science, energy, and evolution. You can find high-tech displays in the museum, along with interactive educational stations, and games. The museum also features a 3D theater, a children’s museum, and a playground.
- Dallas World Aquarium: To see interesting marine life in the city, make a visit to the Dallas World Aquarium. The vast array of sea life includes stingrays, jellyfish sea turtles, leafy dragons, bonnethead sharks, and more. This place also houses free-flying birds. You must also check out Orinoco Rainforest exhibit which houses other aquatic species such as Orinoco crocodiles and poison dart frogs. Featuring rare species such as leafy dragons and Orinoco Crocodiles, Dallas World Aquarium works with a mission to protect such endangered marine species.
- Dallas Zoo: The Dallas Zoo has more than 2,000 exotic animals. There are 406 species of animals in the zoo, in a variety of different habitats. The city’s zoo is among the oldest zoos in the country. The most notable exhibits in the zoo are Giants of the Savannah, the excellent Wildlife Amphitheatre, and the Endangered Tiger Habitat. Inside the main zoo, there is also the children’s zoo which features JC Penney Discovery House, a petting zoo, and pony rides. On you visit to the zoo, do not forget to explore Penguin Cove, Chimpanzee Forest, and Forest Aviary which features colorful and exotic birds.
- Reunion Tower: It is the most recognizable and distinctive building in the city. In the evening, you can visit the revolving restaurant which is located at the top of the building, offering 360 degree views of the city. Other highlights include the GeO-Deck Observation level that features an interactive display providing details about the building.
- Dallas Museum of Art: It is one the largest museums in the United States of America. It has a collection of more than 24,000 works of art from the America’s and around the globe. You can take a look at classical art and artifacts from ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome. There are plenty of interesting works of prominent artists such as contemporary pieces by Jackson Pollock. Besides, the museum has lots of fun programming for kids of all ages. For the true art aficionados, this museum is a must-visit place.
Must eat Food
There are many dishes that are a part of Dallas' culinary identity. From sweet to savory, everything is better in Dallas. Some food experiences could be such that you would never want to leave Dallas.
On your visit to Dallas, you must definitely eat chicken fried brisket at Smoky Rose. Tender smoked brisket is served with pepper gravy, fresh green beans, and garlicky mashed potatoes. If you are a meat lover, you must also eat fried chicken at Bubba's Cooks County.
Besides, pancakes are absolutely worth-having! Encina sets out some incredible blue corn pancakes in the city. Their pancakes are filled with textures, earthiness, and deliciousness. Do not leave the city without trying chocolate glob at Parigi. This undercooked cocoa treat tastes heavenly with warm chocolate oozing out from every side.
Book a flight to Dallas
Dallas is mainly served by two airports – Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, and the Dallas Love Field Airport. The closest to the city is Dallas Fort Worth International Airport which is only about 15 miles from the main city. The airport provides service to 273 destinations in 44 countries (as of 2021). So, traveling to Dallas is convenient by plane and accessible from many parts of the world.
In order to travel to the city, you can easily find cheap airline tickets to Dallas through many top airlines and make your flight reservations.
The best areas to stay in Dallas
You can find a good hotel in the Downtown district of Dallas as it houses many historical attractions, world-class museums, nightlife spots, and some of the great restaurants in the city.
However Dallas is massive, and there are plenty of areas to stay in the city. Deep Ellum is a lively neighborhood which serves as a hub for entertainment and live music. So, it is perfect for anyone looking to rock out all night long.
Another best area is the Bishop Arts District which features a perfect mix of entertainment, shopping, and dining options.
Dallas is a safe city – however, as a tourist, you need to be extra vigilant around the areas of South Dallas, West Dallas, and certain parts of East Dallas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need Covid test to enter Dallas?
Currently, there are no mandatory quarantine periods or test reports are required for travellers arriving in Dallas.
What is the cheapest month to fly into Dallas?
The cheapest month to fly into Dallas is September.
Which airlines fly into Dallas?
American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines are some of the popular domestic carriers that fly into Dallas. International airlines such as Lufthansa, British Airways, Emirates, and Qatar also serve this city.
What is the main airport in Dallas?
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is the primary airport which serves the city of Dallas. This airport is 6 miles northwest of Downtown Dallas.
How can I book a cheap last minute flight to Dallas?
Make a flight search through Thefarehub.com to find cheap last-minute deals. Their travel experts work on target airline. In case the airline has unsold seats, they use their skills to sell the empty seats for the airline.
How to book the cheapest flight to Dallas?
If you are flexible with your travel dates or book your tickets well in advance with Thefarehub.com, you can save money on your flight tickets to a very great extent.