Hawaii is a beautiful tropical vacation spot which is known for its world-class beaches, pristine rainforests, and sizzling volcanoes. It is a state in the Western United States and is a group of volcanic islands. In fact, it is the only U.S. state which is completely made up of islands.
With its diverse landscapes, Hawaii is an ideal destination for a tourist to kick back and relax. If you want to experience living life on an island, you must visit Hawaii: the Paradise of the Pacific!
Best time to visit Hawaii
You can choose to visit Hawaii between March and September. During these months, the state sees the least rain and the highest temperatures. The perfect temperatures and weather conditions allow a great time to enjoy by the beach or water.
Getting around the city
Air travel is the most convenient way to travel between Hawaii’s islands. Hawaiian Airlines offers a web of frequent interisland flights on jets. The flights traveling from one island to the other are short and frequent.
Also, the transportation options vary from island to island. The roads are mostly good in shape and you can conveniently use the public transit system to get around an island. You can enjoy taking bus tours to explore the islands. Oʻahu is the most populous and famous island of Hawaii. You can rent a car or use public bus systems to get around to the main sights of the island.
Must see tourist destinations
- Polynesian Cultural Center: Located in Oahu, this center offers education on culture through dance, music, clothing attire, and craft demonstrations. There are different sections in the center, all of them representing Polynesian cultures.
- Waikiki Beach: The term Waikiki translates to “spouting waters.” Waikiki Beach in South Oahu is a place where you can enjoy the pure water, rest on sand under the sun, and take a walk along the shore. Kuhio and Kalakaua Avenues are nearby. These are the spots where you can find most boutiques and restaurants.
- The Big Island: From an active volcano to cliff-side waterfalls and black sand beaches, there are many things to see on the Big Island. The most famous tourist attractions here are volcanoes Kilauea and Mauna Kea. Also, you must not miss going hiking and biking to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Pearl Harbor: It is a National Historic Landmark, allowing the visitors to see several monuments of World War II. You can choose to visit Pearl Harbor on Oahu Island to learn about the historic Pearl Harbor attack that took place in the year 1941. The attack or was a surprise military strike by the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service upon the United States against the naval base at Pearl Harbor.
- Diamond Head State Monument: It is a volcanic crater that is more than 700 feet wide. It is known for its historic hiking trail, fabulous coastal views, and military history. This monument encompasses approximately 475 acres, and it is one of the largest green zones in an American state capital.
Must have food in Hawaii
Hawaii is known as a foodie’s paradise. When in Hawaii, you definitely need to try Poke. It is one of the main dishes of this state and consists of all types of seafood, octopus, and different seasonings like Hawaiian sea salt and seaweed. A trip to Hawaii is incomplete unless you try an acai bowl which consists of flavored yogurt and toppings of your choice. Fish Tacos are another favorite among the tourists and locals of Hawaii. Some of the most popular choices of fish tacos include tilapia, mahi-mahi, halibut, and snapper.
Poi is a classic Hawaiian side dish which is made up of taro root (a vegetable similar to sweet potato). Above all, no trip to Hawaii is ever complete without trying some of its all-natural shave ice. It is one of the most popular dishes of Hawaii and is made with all-natural ingredients, such as locally-grown mangoes and pineapples. If you want to try this state’s tastiest delicacy, you must definitely feast on all-natural shave ice.
Book a flight to Hawaii
The state of Hawaii is home to three international airports. These are Hilo International Airport (ITO), Daniel K. Inouye International Airport /Honolulu International Airport (HNL), and Kona International Airport (KOA).
Hawaii Airlines provides daily services from many American cities. Alaska Airlines is also the go-to airline for travelers flying to Hawaii. Passengers from Anchorage, Bellingham, Oakland, Portland, Sacramento, San Jose, San Diego, and Seattle get easy access to Hawaii using Alaska Airlines. Some other airlines that offer direct services to Hawaii include American Airlines, United Airlines, Allegiant Air, and WestJet.
The best areas to stay in Hawaii
If you are after a unique vibrancy and lively ambience, Waikiki is among the best places to stay in Hawaii. It features many budget accommodations as well as the high-rise waterfront hotels.
For a laidback charm, Oahu North Shore could be your ideal destination. The accommodation options range from cottages to bed and breakfasts, beachside bungalows, and luxury resorts.
Staying in Maui means you get access to the spectacular beaches. Accommodation range from budget motels to bed and breakfasts, eco-retreats, and five-star resorts.
Kauai Island and the Big Island also have accommodations for every budget, depending on where you would prefer to stay.
Hawaii is generally a safe vacation destination. However, tourists should always stay alert as petty crimes such as thievery do take place. Maui is a beautiful island to explore but it is known for its high violent crime rate. So, there are places in Maui that you must not tread without a good reason.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need Covid test to enter Hawaii?
Currently, Hawaii is ready to welcome all its travelers. No negative pre-departure COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 is required when arriving in Hawaii.
What is the cheapest time to fly into Hawaii?
The cheapest month to fly into Hawaii is during February and March.
Which airlines fly into Hawaii?
The major airlines that fly into Hawaii are Hawaiian Airlines, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Allegiant Air, and WestJet.
What is the main airport in Hawaii?
There are three major international airports in Hawaii which include Hilo International Airport (ITO), Daniel K. Inouye International Airport /Honolulu International Airport (HNL), and Kona International Airport (KOA).
How can I book a cheap last minute flight to Hawaii?
Make a flight search through Vaccationtravel.com to find cheap last-minute deals. Their travel experts work on target airline. In case the airline has unsold seats, they use their skills to sell the empty seats for the airline.
How to book the cheapest flight to Hawaii??
If you are flexible with your travel dates or book your tickets well in advance with Vaccationtravel.com, you can save money on your flight tickets to a very great extent.