About New York
New York is the most popular U.S. state which is known all over the world for a vast diversity in its culture because people from all over the world call it a home.
New York City is the land of architecture, entertainment, and history. At the same time, it also features a dazzling array lifestyles, restaurants, and neighborhoods. When it comes to food, the city features a great variety of delicacies. So, no matter where you are from, you can easily find a taste of your choice in the city.
With so much to explore in the city, you have got all the right reasons to plan a visit to this place at least once in your life.
Best time to visit New York City
Fall and spring seasons are the two best times to visit New York City. During these seasons, the city experiences mild weather which makes it ideal for the tourists to explore the city on foot. You can walk around the city to a backdrop of blooms in the springtime or the changing colors of trees in the fall. So, you can expect pleasant temperatures to reign between the months of April and June and September and November.
Getting around the city
Using Subway is a convenient and efficient way to get around New York City. You can purchase a Subway card and every time you pass through the turnstile, the amount will be deducted from your card. The unlimited pass may cost you around $32. You can even use the same pass on the buses. So, you can save a lot of money as you travel by Subway to get around the city.
Must see tourist destinations
- Statue of Liberty: For the first-time visitors, it is one of the top sights in the city. It was a gift of France to America. The Statue of Liberty remains a symbol of freedom. It is located in Ellis Island and weighs almost 450,000 pounds. You can climb up to the crown of the statue to have a sight of the Harbour, a glimpse of the Verrazano Bridge, Brooklyn, lower Manhattan, and Staten Island.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: It is the most celebrated museum in the city, featuring masterpieces of arts from around the world. It has two million works of art, spanning a period of 5,000 years. The highlight of the museum is “The Met Fifth Avenue.” The notable collections include American decorative arts, costumes, arms and armor, musical instruments, photographs, Egyptian arts, and much more. It is an attraction not-to-be- missed for the committed museumgoers.
- Times Square: Located on Central Manhattan, Times Square is the most popular attraction among the tourists of NYC. The area houses popular restaurants and cafes, the blazing signs, and several stores. There are stores that remain open till midnight. Times Square becomes a must-see sight on New Year’s Eve as it remains filled with hope, energy, celebration, and a lot of excitement.
- Empire State Building: It is a 102-storey-building and the city’s one of the most iconic landmarks. Empire State Building has been into existence since 1931. There are two observations deck atop the building, allowing you to take a look at the breath-taking views of the city. On clear days, you can see up to 80 miles from the top of the building. You can look into the neighboring states of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.
- Theater District: There are more than 40 Broadway theaters in the Theater District of the city. This is a place to witness some of the best live theaters. From the long-running classics to smash-hits, you can see your favorite kind of broadway performance in the city.
Must have food in New York City
New Yorkers consider pizza, bagels, and egg sandwiches as necessities. You can find several food trucks or treasured carts selling these items. New York bagels are filled with loads of different cream cheese spreads while egg sandwich consists of a bacon, egg, and cheese.
Book a flight to New York City
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is the major international airport serving New York City. With the help of this airport, you can fly to 182 destinations with 68 airlines in scheduled passenger traffic. This airport serves almost every destination of the world. Some of the major airlines serving JFK include Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Air France, KLM, Lufthansa, British Airways, and JetBlue Airways.
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is also a major New York City Airport as it offers a fair share of international flights to the city. This airport can be the second choice to avoid the havoc rush of JFK. The airport hosts non-stop passenger flights scheduled to 184 destinations in 56 countries. In total, there are 28 airlines that fly from and to EWR. Most flights are operated by the carriers including the names like United Airlines, JetBlue, Spirit Airlines, Allegiant Air, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, Air Canada, and Alaska.
The best areas to stay in New York City
It is important for a tourist to find a right kind of place to stay in New York City. For the first time travelers, Midtown is an ideal neighborhood.
The museum lovers and shopaholics can choose to stay at any hotel in Upper East Side. The neighborhoods of Soho & Lower East Side are ideal for hipsters and coolhunters.
If you are on a budget, you shouldn’t look beyond the neighborhood called Queens in New York City.
New York City is quite safe for its tourists. The police force of the city is vigilant and very active. That being said, you should also stay cautious and avoid going to empty and deserted spots of the city at night.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need Covid test to enter New York City?
Currently, you will no longer be required to show proof of a recent negative Covid-19 test result to enter New York City.
What are the cheapest months to fly into New York City?
The cheapest months to fly into New York City are from January through March.
Which airlines fly into New York City?
The major airlines that fly into New York City are United Airlines, JetBlue, Spirit Airlines, Allegiant Air, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, Air Canada, and Alaska. International airlines such as Air France, KLM, Lufthansa, and British Airways also fly into the city.
What is the main airport in New York City?
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is the main international airport which serves New York City. This airport is located 16 miles southeast of Midtown Manhattan.
How can I book a cheap last minute flight to New York City?
Make a flight search through Thefarehub.com to find cheap last-minute deals. Their travel experts work on target airline. In case the airline has unsold seats, they use their skills to sell the empty seats for the airline.
How to book the cheapest flight to New York City?
If you are flexible with your travel dates or book your tickets well in advance with Thefarehub.com, you can save money on your flight tickets to a very great extent.