About San Francisco
San Francisco is the most eclectic city in the U.S. state of California. San Francisco is home to plenty of attractions with the most famous being “The Golden Gate Bridge.” People travel to San Francisco from all over the world to witness the magnificence of this bridge. It is known to be the most photographed bridge in the world.
Besides, the city is also known for its delicious seafood and Chinese cuisines. While the city is rich in terms of its terrific food scene, it is diverse when it comes to its people. San Francisco is home to hipsters, hippies, immigrants, liberals, and all sorts of people.
It is a city that definitely deserves to be explored at least once in life.
Best time to visit San Francisco
The best time visit San Francisco is during the fall season, i.e. from September to November. Weather in the city is generally clear and mild in the fall months. As fall is also not the peak season of tourism in San Francisco, good deals can be availed on travel and lodging during this season.
Getting around the city
Public Transportation in San Francisco is always an affordable mode of transportation in the city. It includes Muni and BART systems. BART includes the subway and Muni includes streetcars and buses.
Since San Francisco is small, most of its tourist spots are close together. It is better to walk from one spot to the other to explore city in a better way on foot. Rent a car only in case you want to take a side trip.
Must see tourist destinations
- The Golden Gate Bridge: Your trip to San Francisco cannot be completed without having a picture clicked here at The Golden Gate Bridge. In fact, it is the most photographed bridge in the world with the orange towers that stand at a height of 746 feet, backed by blue waters. It is known as one of the “modern wonders of the world.” The bridge has a length of 1.7 miles, and it is completely made out of steel. More than 12,000 automobiles run over it every day as it connects the city to Marin County.
- Golden Gate Park: It is yet another popular tourist spot in the city as it hosts more than 13 million visitors, each year. Spanning across 1,017 acres of land, the park is home to gardens and museums. The must-see spots include de Young Museum, the California Academy of Sciences Museum, the Japanese Tea Garden, and San Francisco Botanical Garden. Besides, this fabulous green space features a great network of walking trails and cycling paths. So, you can rent a bicycle and explore the entire park on two wheels.
- Fisherman’s Wharf: This place is filled with restaurants, shops, and many top attractions. Visit Pier 39 to witness the sea lions sunbathing. At Pier 45, you can get a chance to check out all tall ships, submarines, and WWII warships.
- Alamo Square: It is a residential neighborhood in San Francisco, yet very vibrant in its layout. This place is the city’s most unique spot which features colorful Victorian and Edwardian houses. These houses are set in an iconic row referred to as “the Painted Ladies.”
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art: It is among the top museums of the city which is spread across 10 floors and has 45,000 feet of ground floor gallery space. The exhibits in the museum mainly focus on the 20th Century art. The museum features both permanent and temporary collections. The permanent exhibit features around 33,000 pieces of arts, including the Doris and Donald Fisher Collection (the greatest private collections of modern and contemporary art in the world).
Must have food in San Francisco
San Francisco is a culinary mecca for all the food lovers out there! You must definitely take a tour of Anchor Steam Bar. It is the famous brewery in the city which lets you taste some of the iconic San Francisco beverages.
You can have a bread bowl full of chowder from the Boudin Factory, and mission-style burrito and dim sum from the other eateries in Chinatown.
Do not leave San Francisco without trying the seafood at Fisherman’s Wharf.
For sweet delicacies, visit the wildly popular ice cream joint in the city, known as Humphry Slocombe.
Book a flight to San Francisco
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is the major airport serving the city of San Francisco. This airport is 13 miles south of Downtown San Francisco.
This airport offers flights to Asia, South Pacific, Europe, Canada, Mexico, and the USA. The airport offers non-stop passenger flights scheduled to 142 destinations in 31 countries.
The best areas to stay in San Francisco
If you are a foodie and visiting the city to explore its amazing food scene, you must choose a hotel room in South of Market. This neighborhood has an influx of some good eateries. In case you are in the mood of some serious shopping in the city, you can choose to stay in Union Square. This place is perfect spot to shop with the major retail brands. Choose to stay in Bayview on wishing to explore the city’s art scene.
The other best places to stay in the city include Castro, North Beach, and Fisherman’s Wharf.
San Francisco is fairly a safe city for tourists. They are not likely to have any problem while visiting the city. However, it is important for anyone in the city to remain vigilant – especially around some areas which include Tenderloin, Bayview-Hunters Point and Mission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need Covid test to enter San Francisco?
Currently, you do not require a negative Covid-19 test to get into San Francisco.
What is the cheapest month to fly into San Francisco?
The cheapest month to fly into San Francisco is October.
Which airlines fly into San Francisco?
The major airlines that fly into San Francisco are Jet Airways, Lufthansa, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Air France, KLM, Finnair, and American Airlines.
What is the main airport in San Francisco?
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is the main airport which serves the city of San Francisco. The airport is located 13 miles away from Downtown San Francisco.
How can I book a cheap last minute flight to San Francisco?
Make a flight search through Thefarehub.com to find cheap last-minute deals. Their travel experts work on target airline. In case the airline has unsold seats, they use their skills to sell the empty seats for the airline.
How to book the cheapest flight to San Francisco?
If you are flexible with your travel dates or book your tickets well in advance with Thefarehub.com, you can save money on your flight tickets to a very great extent.