Seattle is known as the Silicon Valley of the Pacific Northwest. It is the chief city of Washington. The city is virtually alluring with great natural scenery and a splendid range of attractions for all its visitors.
Also from a tourist’s perspective, Seattle is a perfect holiday destination. From art and history museums to unique neighborhoods, eateries, and open air festivals, Seattle is full of fun places to explore.
Best time to visit Seattle
To enjoy the sunny skies, minimal rain, and numerous outdoor events and festivals in Seattle, July to mid-October is the best time to visit the city. However, this is also the peak travel time in the city. This means that the flight and hotel rate s rise and availability drops.
Getting around the city
The core of the city is not large and walking if the best option if you want to stick to the Downtown Area. However, to explore the entire Metropolitan Area, buses and Link Light Rail are also the good options. Renting a car is the most convenient mode of transportation, especially if you want to explore outside the city.
Must see tourist destinations
- Museum of Flight: Museum of Flight houses a wide array of airplanes. A visit to this museum lets you take a look at the largest to smallest aircraft in the collection. You get a chance to learn about flight-related historical objects. The collection of the museum comprises of 28 restored fights planes from the eras of the World War 1 & 2. The highlights of the exhibit include a Concorde, B-17F Flying Fortress, and the first jet Air Force One.
- Woodland Park Zoo: This zoo is spread across an area of 90-acres. It is home to many endangered species from all over the world. The collection of animals ranges from Asian to African animals. The highlights comprise of snow leopards, lemurs, jaguars, and grizzly bears.
- Chihuly Garden and Glass: This place primarily houses the works of innovative glassblowing Dale Chihuahua who was native of Tacoma. He was an American Sculptor, renowned for using glass as a material to create sculptures out of them. Chihuly Garden and Glass has eight galleries, a glasshouse, and a lush garden. The glasshouse is home to some of his greatest artistic pieces – these artistic pieces change colors and appearances with the moving sunlight above.
- Seattle Art Museum: You can find an exceptional collection of Native American Art in Seattle Art Museum. The belongings from the Native American era include textiles, basketry, masks, totem poles, and other carvings in stone and wood. The collection also features the decorative art and furniture from the Northwest America.
- International District: This place is full of Japanese and Chinese shops and restaurants. A must-visit place within this district is the Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience. Another place to visit here is the Seattle Pinball Museum.
Must have food in Seattle
Seattle is known for its extensive culinary scene. The city takes its seafood seriously with Salmon playing an important role in creating the city’s culinary identity. Shellfish is, in fact, a staple food of Seattle.
Besides, you cannot miss to slurp on salty oysters (obtained fresh from the Pacific) during your visit to Seattle. Oysters are often served along with an assortment of other seafood like lobsters, crabs, shellfish, and shrimps.
Seattle Hotdog is also very famous. It is a different kind of a hotdog which is mixed with grilled frank or polish sausage.
Chicken Teriyaki is the city’s comfort food. In Seattle, fresh ginger and garlic are blended into the teriyaki sauce, giving the sauce a carefully balanced savory-sweet flavor.
Book a flight to Seattle
Seattle–Tacoma International Airport (SEA), also referred to as Sea–Tac, is the primary airport serving the city of Seattle. This airport is located 12 miles south of Downtown Seattle.
This airport is home to 31 airlines serving both domestic and international destinations. The different airlines serve 91 non-stop domestic destinations and 28 international destinations including Canada, Mexico, and other seasonal operations.
The best areas to stay in Seattle
The best place to stay in Seattle is Downtown. This is because it is the place where most of the top attractions, hotels, and located.
Belltown is also a popular neighborhood which is filled with trendy bars, restaurants, music venues, and nightlife. It is the best area to stay if you want to closely observe the nightlife of the city.
In comparison to other U.S. cities, Seattle is quite safe for tourists. However, you must avoid walking around after dark in an unfamiliar area of the city.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need Covid test to enter Seattle?
Currently, you need to be fully vaccinated with the primary series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine to travel to enter Seattle.
What is the cheapest month to fly into Seattle?
The cheapest month to fly into Seattle is October.
Which airlines fly into Seattle?
American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue, and Sun Country Air are the most frequent flyers to Seattle/Tacoma Intl Airport from United States.
What is the main airport in Seattle?
Seattle–Tacoma International Airport (SEA) is the primary airport serving the city of Seattle. This airport is located 12 miles south of Downtown Seattle.
How can I book a cheap last minute flight to Seattle?
Make a flight search through Thefarehub.com to find cheap last-minute deals. Their travel experts work on target airline. In case the airline has unsold seats, they use their skills to sell the empty seats for the airline.
How to book the cheapest flight to Seattle?
If you are flexible with your travel dates or book your tickets well in advance with Thefarehub.com, you can save money on your flight tickets to a very great extent.